The Parade Route
Parade begins at the intersection of West Tisbury Road and Pinehurst Road. Next it takes a right onto Main Street and then a left onto Pease’s Point Way (next to the monument). It follows Pease’s Point Way and then takes a right onto Morse Street, a left onto Fuller Street and a right onto Thayer Street. At the end of Thayer it takes a right onto North Water Street. Next it takes a right up Main Street and pauses in front of the reviewing stand (in front of the Whaling Church). It continues up Main Street and then takes a left onto the West Tisbury Road and finishes at the Edgartown School.
Everyone is welcome to participate if they follow these simple rules:
1. Register with the Selectmen’s Office by clicking here or by phone at 508-627-6180. YOU MUST BE REGISTERED TO PARTICIPATE. DEADLINE TO ENTER THE PARADE IS 12 PM, JULY 3.
2. Antique vehicles are welcome if they are older than 1965.
3. Floats are encouraged to participate. Monetary prizes to the winners!
Grand Prize is $1000!
4. Entries should be in the spirit of the parade. No advertising please.
5. No throwing of candy at the parade.
6. Lineup begins in the School Parking lot at 3pm. You are encouraged to show up as early as possible.
7. We encourage all groups with multiple pieces to show up together if they want to be together in the parade.
*We are always looking for convertibles of any age to carry people in the parade. Contact the Board of Selectmen’s Office if you’d like your car to be a star!*